Close Menu
The Editor NGRThe Editor NGR
  • Homepage
  • News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Business & Economy
  • Opinion
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

May 24, 2026

‘We Won’t Vote Atiku’ — ADC Youth Leaders Back Amaechi for 2027 Presidency

May 24, 2026

Rivers: How Fubara made history – Jega

May 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Editor NGR
  • Homepage
  • News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Business & Economy
  • Opinion
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
The Editor NGR
You are at:Home»News»BREAKING: EFCC speaks on being behind Ekweremadu’s ordeals
News

BREAKING: EFCC speaks on being behind Ekweremadu’s ordeals

theeditorBy theeditorDecember 16, 2022No Comments3 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has replied the embattled former Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, on the claim that the Commission is behind his bail refusal by the United Kingdom authorities.

Ekweremadu had earlier told Justice Inyang Ekwo of a Federal High Court in Abuja that EFCC was responsible for his travails at the London Court where he had been in detention over alleged organ harvest.

The senator’s allegations were contained in an application he filed before the federal high court seeking an order of the court to set aside interim order granted in favour of the Federal Government for the forfeiture of his 40 properties in and outside the country.

However, in its counter affidavit, the EFCC argued that the allegations made against it by Ekweremadu’s son showed he was not conversant with the proceedings in the criminal prosecution against his parents in the London court, which was why he thought the EFCC “has a hand in the predicament and travails of his parents.”

The EFCC, while not denying communicating with the UK authorities, said its July 18 2022 letter to the Crown Prosecution Service, UK, was in response to the Crown Prosecution’s letter of July 17, 2022 “was a mere routine to a counterpart government agency in accordance with the global best practice of information sharing with other law enforcement and other agencies in the USA and UK

“The response of the respondent to the Crown Prosecution Service was never an instigation or encouragement to the Crown Prosecution Service to detain Senator Ike Ekweremadu or anyone else, as the respondent was neither linked to nor had any interest in the subject of investigation in the U.K., namely trafficking a person with a view to exploitation, that is, organ harvesting.

“Both the Metropolitan Police and Crown Prosecution Service in the U.K. are independent agencies with wide discretion to carry out their duties/responsibilities and cannot be influenced by anyone, including the respondent.

“The respondent, being a foremost premiere and flagship law enforcement agency does share information and intelligence with other law enforcement agencies worldwide including the Metropolitan Police of the UK, FBI of the United States, KGB of Russia and other renowned law enforcement agencies.

“As such, the innuendoes, insinuations speculations and presumptions manifest in the aforementioned paragraphs of Lloyd Ekweremadu’s affidavit are unfounded and unkind to the respondent,” it said.

The EFCC, which claimed to have been investigating Ekweremadu for money laundering before now, argued that no law requires it to initiate forfeiture proceedings or criminal charges against a suspect within a particular number of years or a time frame.

It added that “the filing of the instant forfeiture proceedings was a mere coincidence with the arrest of Senator Ike Ekweremadu and his wife, Beatrice N. Ekweremadu in the UK.

Lawyer to the EFCC, Sylvanus Tahir, SAN argued otherwise and prayed the court to reject the motion since the case was not directed at Ekweremadu, but at the property, to which some individuals and organisations were already laying claim.

Meanwhile, Justice Inyang Ekwo has adjourned till January 25 next year for the ruling.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleBREAKING: Police captures Notorious IPOB Commander ‘Bongo’ in Ebonyi [PHOTOS]
Next Article Sammie Okposo’s wife, Ozioma weeps uncontrollably as he’s buried(video)
theeditor
  • Website

Related Posts

BREAKING: Governor Bala Mohammed Repotedly Fixes Date To Join APC

March 16, 2026

BREAKING: Traders Shut Lagos Int’l Trade Fair Complex Over Planned Govt Takeover

March 11, 2026

Rivers Assembly rejects four commissioners nominated by Fubara

March 9, 2026

Comments are closed.

Demo
News

BREAKING: Governor Bala Mohammed Repotedly Fixes Date To Join APC

March 16, 2026 Politics

BREAKING: Traders Shut Lagos Int’l Trade Fair Complex Over Planned Govt Takeover

March 11, 2026 News

Rivers Assembly rejects four commissioners nominated by Fubara

March 9, 2026 Editor's Picks

Senator Yayi Sponsors 2000 Indigent Student’s WAEC Fee

March 5, 2026 Opinion

Breaking: Protest hits northern Nigeria over k!lling of Ayatollah

March 2, 2026 News

Ogun: I’m not in guber race to step down – Iyabo Obasanjo replies critics

March 1, 2026 News

INSECURITY: Zamfara State Adopts Colombia’s Strategic Model To Tackle Insurgency And Banditry

February 25, 2026 News

DSS to arraign El-Rufai on February 25

February 20, 2026 News
Don't Miss

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

By theeditorngrMay 24, 2026

A fresh legal battle has emerged between the family of former Kaduna State governor, Nasir…

North Carolina’s Lieutenant Governor Had Some MLK Day Thoughts on Race

January 25, 2020

Walmart raises starting hourly wage to $12 in 500 stores, as part of a test

January 25, 2020
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

About Us
About Us

About Us
At Theeditor NGR, we believe that journalism should inform, inspire, and empower. Founded with the vision of delivering accurate, timely, and engaging stories, we are committed to keeping our readers at the heart of every headline.
- Our Mission: To provide clear, fact-based reporting that cuts through the noise and helps our audience understand the world around them.
- Our Coverage: From breaking news and in-depth investigations to culture, technology, and lifestyle, we bring diverse perspectives to the stories that matter most.
- Our Values: Integrity, transparency, and community. We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of journalism while embracing innovation in digital storytelling.
- Our Promise: Whether local or global, we deliver news that is relevant, reliable, and accessible — because an informed society is a stronger society.

We're accepting new partnerships right now.

Email Us: info@theeditorngr.com
Contact: +2348132055844

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

May 24, 2026

‘We Won’t Vote Atiku’ — ADC Youth Leaders Back Amaechi for 2027 Presidency

May 24, 2026

Rivers: How Fubara made history – Jega

May 23, 2026
Most Popular

El-Rufai’s Wife Drags ICPC to Court, Demands ₦2 Billion Compensation

May 24, 2026

North Carolina’s Lieutenant Governor Had Some MLK Day Thoughts on Race

January 25, 2020

Walmart raises starting hourly wage to $12 in 500 stores, as part of a test

January 25, 2020
© 2026 TheeditorNGR
  • Homepage
  • News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Business & Economy
  • Opinion
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.