Close Menu
The Editor NGRThe Editor NGR
  • Homepage
  • News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Business & Economy
  • Opinion
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from FooBar about art, design and business.

What's Hot

Rivers: How Fubara made history – Jega

May 23, 2026

‘He Should Leave Our Party, We Wish Him Best Of Luck’ – APC To Fayemi

May 23, 2026

2027: Sowore confirms 2027 presidential bid under AAC

May 23, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
The Editor NGR
  • Homepage
  • News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Business & Economy
  • Opinion
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy
The Editor NGR
You are at:Home»News»Breaking: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Enugu Tribunal gives fresh order against Gov Mbah
News

Breaking: Alleged Certificate Forgery: Enugu Tribunal gives fresh order against Gov Mbah

theeditorBy theeditorJune 22, 2023No Comments5 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Share
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

The Enugu State Governorship Election Petition Tribunal has ordered Governor Peter Mbah to appear before it tomorrow, Friday.

CN reports that the order was sequel to an application made by the Peoples Redemption Party, PRP, through its counsel, Barr Alex Amujiogo.

Candidate of the PRP, Elder Christopher Agu is in court seeking to upturn the declaration of Barr Peter Mbah as the winner of the March 18 governorship election conducted in the State.

He is also claiming that Mbah was not qualified to contest the election, having allegedly forged National Youths Service Corps, NYSC, discharge certificate, among other issues.

At the resumed hearing, the PRP counsel, Amujiogo told the tribunal that Mbah was supposed to be in court as a subpoenaed witness.

He, however, said from the affidavit deposed to by the bailiff of the Tribunal, it had been difficult to serve Mbah the summon.

Amujiogo then moved an application, urging the Tribunal to grant a substituted service of the summon on Mbah through his counsel.

Although the application was opposed by the three respondents, the INEC, Mbah as well as the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on the grounds that it was supposed to come by way of motion, supported by an affidavit during pre-trial session, they were overruled by the Tribunal.

Chairman of the Panel, Justice K. M. Akano ordered that the subpoena be served on Mbah through his counsel and that he should appear before the Tribunal tomorrow, June 23, 2023.

Earlier, the PRP guber candidate during the election, Agu, had also testified before the Tribunal as PW2.

An official of the NYSC from the National Secretariat, Abuja, Barr. Aliu Muhammed, who also appeared on behalf of the Director-General of the Corps, tendered an affidavit to the Tribunal, declaring that an order of a Federal High Abuja, was inhibiting them from tendering the disclaimer the Corps made against Mbah’s certificate.

The PRP lawyer, Amujiogo told journalists after the Tribunal’s sitting that “our PW2 (Christopher Agu) has already testified before the Honourable Tribunal and he has given a clearer picture, the synopsis of what transpired during the election and we are urging the Tribunal to set aside the purported result in favour of Peter Mbah, the Governor.

“We had an issue of subpoena against Barr Peter Ndubuisi Mbah, in which the Tribunal is urging him to appear before it to clarify certain issues against him, based on his NYSC certificate and other matters.

“Surprisingly, he was not in the Tribunal today and the bailiff informed the Tribunal that he is invading service, he cannot find him, the security cannot allow him to serve Mbah the subpoena.

“Then, the Tribunal in its own wisdom, after I have applied, has now permitted the bailiff or myself, to now serve Mbah through his counsel, for him to appear before the Tribunal tomorrow, being 23rd of June, 2023 and clarify certain issues against him before the Tribunal and we have already served him the said subpoena through his lawyer, Ik Onuoma today in court.

“So he must obey the summon of the Tribunal by appearing in person tomorrow, Friday.”

Meanwhile, the case filed by the Labour Party, LP, guber candidate, Barr Chijioke Edeoga also came up before the Tribunal.

Edeoga’s pending application was moved before the Tribunal, after which the suit was adjourned for ruling on the application he filed before the Tribunal, as well as a pre-trial report.

One of his counsels, Barr Ifeanyi Ogenyi, who spoke to journalists after the session, said the proceeding was a continuation of the pre-hearing session.

According to him, “Pre-hearing started on 16th June and continued today; the petitioners brought an application, a motion interrogatories, seeking for answers from the second respondent, that is Mr Peter Mbah.

“Interrogatory is a legal questionnaire; it is seeking for answers to those questions.

“And some of the questions raised by the petitioners to Peter Mbah which we are urging the Tribunal that he (Mbah) should answer are: when and where did he serve? When was he appointed as Chief of Staff, the date? When was he made commissioner for finance in Enugu State? We want to know the duration he served.

“Because in his pleading, in his reply to the petition, he told the Tribunal that he was once Chief of Staff to Governor Chimaroke Nnamani in 2003, we want to know the year and the date he was appointed.

“We equally want him to produce before the Tribunal, the letter of appointment as Chief of Staff, the letter of appointment as commissioner for finance under Chimaroke and the institutions he said he attended; we want to have the documents showing that he attended those institutions.

“And the court is to deliver a ruling on that on 24th of June, that is on Saturday, whether he should answer those questions or not.”

“On their own side, they said ‘No’, they are not going to answer those questions; that answering those questions means that we want him to prove our case for us.

“But that is not the position. It is required under the law that where somebody has made volunteered some information, you can seek for further particulars;

“What we are seeking for is further particulars; he should clarify the Tribunal and us information on those issues he raised in his own pleadings.

“On 24th, we will be here for ruling and possibly conclusion of pre-hearing, and after pre-hearing and report is issued, we can now proceed to substantive hearing,” he added.

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
Previous ArticleBreaking: New IGP,Egbetokun Performs First Task As Inspector General Of Police
Next Article Gbenga Fajuyi: Police Inspector Impregnates His 13-Year-Old Daughter, Kills Baby
theeditor
  • Website

Related Posts

BREAKING: Governor Bala Mohammed Repotedly Fixes Date To Join APC

March 16, 2026

BREAKING: Traders Shut Lagos Int’l Trade Fair Complex Over Planned Govt Takeover

March 11, 2026

Rivers Assembly rejects four commissioners nominated by Fubara

March 9, 2026

Comments are closed.

Demo
News

BREAKING: Governor Bala Mohammed Repotedly Fixes Date To Join APC

March 16, 2026 Politics

BREAKING: Traders Shut Lagos Int’l Trade Fair Complex Over Planned Govt Takeover

March 11, 2026 News

Rivers Assembly rejects four commissioners nominated by Fubara

March 9, 2026 Editor's Picks

Senator Yayi Sponsors 2000 Indigent Student’s WAEC Fee

March 5, 2026 Opinion

Breaking: Protest hits northern Nigeria over k!lling of Ayatollah

March 2, 2026 News

Ogun: I’m not in guber race to step down – Iyabo Obasanjo replies critics

March 1, 2026 News

INSECURITY: Zamfara State Adopts Colombia’s Strategic Model To Tackle Insurgency And Banditry

February 25, 2026 News

DSS to arraign El-Rufai on February 25

February 20, 2026 News
Don't Miss

Rivers: How Fubara made history – Jega

By theeditorngrMay 23, 2026

A public affairs analyst, Mahmud Jega, says Rivers State Governor, Sim Fubara, has made history…

North Carolina’s Lieutenant Governor Had Some MLK Day Thoughts on Race

January 25, 2020

Walmart raises starting hourly wage to $12 in 500 stores, as part of a test

January 25, 2020
Stay In Touch
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Pinterest
  • Instagram
  • YouTube
  • Vimeo

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest creative news from SmartMag about art & design.

About Us
About Us

About Us
At Theeditor NGR, we believe that journalism should inform, inspire, and empower. Founded with the vision of delivering accurate, timely, and engaging stories, we are committed to keeping our readers at the heart of every headline.
- Our Mission: To provide clear, fact-based reporting that cuts through the noise and helps our audience understand the world around them.
- Our Coverage: From breaking news and in-depth investigations to culture, technology, and lifestyle, we bring diverse perspectives to the stories that matter most.
- Our Values: Integrity, transparency, and community. We hold ourselves accountable to the highest standards of journalism while embracing innovation in digital storytelling.
- Our Promise: Whether local or global, we deliver news that is relevant, reliable, and accessible — because an informed society is a stronger society.

We're accepting new partnerships right now.

Email Us: info@theeditorngr.com
Contact: +2348132055844

Facebook X (Twitter) Pinterest YouTube WhatsApp
Our Picks

Rivers: How Fubara made history – Jega

May 23, 2026

‘He Should Leave Our Party, We Wish Him Best Of Luck’ – APC To Fayemi

May 23, 2026

2027: Sowore confirms 2027 presidential bid under AAC

May 23, 2026
Most Popular

Rivers: How Fubara made history – Jega

May 23, 2026

North Carolina’s Lieutenant Governor Had Some MLK Day Thoughts on Race

January 25, 2020

Walmart raises starting hourly wage to $12 in 500 stores, as part of a test

January 25, 2020
© 2026 TheeditorNGR
  • Homepage
  • News
  • Politics
  • Entertainment
  • Business & Economy
  • Opinion
  • About Us
  • Privacy Policy

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.