Connect with us

News

Insecurity: Buhari Minister Finally Speaks On Having Links With Boko Haram

Published

on

Boko Haram

President Buhari Minister Has Finally Spoken On Alleged Having Links With Boko Haram.

 

TheEditorNGR reports that Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari Minister of Communications and Digital Economy Dr Isa Ibrahim Pantami has denied reports that the United States allegedly placed him on a ‘terror watch list’ for alleged ties with the late Boko Haram founder, Mohammed Yusuf.

The minister said, on the contrary, he had been preaching against Boko Haram for over 15 years, condemning the group’s doctrines and practices.

Advertisement

 

The Islamic scholar was alleged to have been a mentor to the founder of the militant Islamist group killed in 2009 in the North-East.

 

Yusuf’s death triggered a chain of violent activities, including era bombings, kidnappings and hostage-taking among others which have continuously led to massive death and destructions in the North-East to date.

Advertisement

Social media, especially Twitter, was awash Monday by the reports published by some news platforms.

 

It was however gathered that some of the leading platforms had since retracted the report and apologised in like manner to the minister.

 

Advertisement

In his reaction, the minister via his Twitter handle said: “My lectures against the doctrines and all other evil people have been available for over 15 years, including debates that endangered my life against many criminals in Nigeria.

 

“If you can’t understand Hausa, get an objective Hausa speaker to translate for you objectively.”

Advertisement
Advertisement

Also Read...