Ikoyi Building Collapse: What Sanwo-Olu Said As Death Toll Rises To 20
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

News

Ikoyi Building Collapse: What Sanwo-Olu Said As Death Toll Rises To 20

Ikoyi Building Collapse: What Sanwo-Olu Said As Death Toll Rises To 20

Ikoyi Building Collapse: What Sanwo-Olu Said As Death Toll Rises To 20

Lagos Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu has assured that anyone indicted in the Ikoyi building collapse will be prosecuted and there will be no cover-up in the search for the truth.



 

The Editor Nigeria had earlier reported that death toll now stand at 20.

 

The Editor Nigeria reports that Sanwo-Olu visited the site of the tragedy around 1:00 am this morning, November 3, and encouraged all federal and state agencies involved in rescue operations.

 

He visited the site on Gerrard Road, alongside Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu.

 

Sanwo-Olu said: “If anyone is found to be indicted, he/she will definitely face the law.”

 

 

The governor confirmed that a help desk has been set up at the site for people seeking information about their relations involved in the incident.

 

He affirmed the earlier announcement that a panel to investigate and make recommendations on how to prevent future occurrences will be set up.

 

He added: “We are already conducting an internal probe to find out what went wrong and punish those indicted.


 

“My sincere condolences go to the families who have lost loved ones. May the souls of the departed Rest In Peace.”


 

 

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement